Da Hype 1
It is not Christmas until I play my favorite songs. As a kid, we would all decorate the Christmas Tree to the Jackson 5 Christmas album. We would pretend to be all of the Jacksons and even say the lines to the skits at the beginning of each song. For me Christmas has to have a soundtrack and my soundtrack is as follows:
5. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You”
4. James Brown “Santa Claus, Go Straight to the Ghetto”
3. The Jackson 5’s “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
2. The Temptions’ “Silent Night”
1. Donnie Hathaway’s “This Christmas”
Da Realist 1
The first part of my soundtrack sounds like church on Christmas morning. I’m sitting in the front row next to my great-grandmother and the choir is performing wonderful renditions of all the standards–“Silent Night,” “Joy to the World,” “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,” etc. The second part of my soundtrack consists of the songs I hear on the radio during December. So, I’ve narrowed my list to five. I think readers might find it. . . eclectic.
5. “Santa Baby,” Eartha Kitt
4. “O Come All Ye Faithful,” Luther Vandross
3. “Let It Snow,” Boyz II Men
2. “Do You Hear What I Hear,” Whitney Houston
1. “White Christmas,” Bing Crosby (Also my favorite Christmas movie)
Now you know what we like. What’s your favorite Christmas song?